September R.O.M. Quick and Easy Garlic Parmesan Sweet potato chips
Fall is officially here! Woo-hoo! My favorite season of the year by far for many reasons! One of the reasons is because of all the yummy food that’s in season! In addition to pumpkin, sweet potatoes are something that I can’t get enough of! Packed full of nutrients and so sweet and tasty on it’s own so no need to worry about calorie overkill when consumed. It’s a great carbohydrate source as well with a low glycemic index. I love to make my sweet potatoes in numerous ways and last week, I decided to make some chips! They were super easy to make, a nice switch up. This is without a doubt a great healthy snack for kiddos as well! Can be used as a side item, an appetizer (would be great with guacamole, hummus or salsa), pre or post workout, whatever you choose. Enjoy! I know you will. :^)
2 Sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. sea salt (optional)
1 Tbsp. of coconut oil or a few sprays of coconut oil spray
1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees ( I used my Nuwave Pro as pictured)
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Peel sweet potatoes and pat try. Using a mandolin slicer, slice sweet potatoes about 1/8 inch thick as evenly as possible.
4. Toss sweet potato slices in coconut oil in a Ziploc to coat evenly.
5. arrange slices on your baking sheet or Nuwave Pro so that they don’t touch too much. Sprinkle with garlic powder, grated Parmesan, and optional sea salt.
6. Bake in Nuwave Pro on high or in oven for 15 minutes or until they begin to brown. Let cool and then dig in!!!
Nutrition Facts: Makes two servings
Per serving: 245 calories, 15g fat, 4g protein, 24g carbohydrate