180Physique’s Top Ten Supplements
Below is a list of natural supplements we have found to be beneficial for multiple reasons including overall wellness, weight loss, post-workout recovery, joint health and muscle gain. There are many more supplements that are great to take, we just listed our top ten. Be sure to consult your physician before taking anything. For supplement recommendations to fit your needs and goals, contact 180Physique today. We highly recommended Advocare nutritional supplements. Click on our link in the supplements tab to learn more about Advocare’s great products!
1. Daily Multi-vitamin (MVI): If you’re not 100% positive that you are eating the right quantities of all the essential nutrients daily, then a multi-vitamin may be beneficial to take daily. Taking an MVI can help increase your energy levels, support your immune system & help support you’re overall health.
2. Omega-3’s: Research continues to show that Omega 3’s EPA & DHA lower triglycerides and improve heart health. This nutrient also reduces inflammation in the joints, blood vessels and other areas in the body. There are many other health benefits of Omega-3’s so if you aren’t consuming the recommended 2-3 servings of fatty fish per week, be sure to take a supplement daily.
3. Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’S): Leucine, Isoleucine & Valine make up the branched chain amino acids. These are essential amino acids that must be obtained from our food supply. There are several benefits of BCAA’s & one of the most commonly recognized are its role in muscle recovery, muscle repair, reducing muscle breakdown during intense exercising & building protein in muscle tissue. A must have if you work out.
4. Glutamine: This is the most abundant amino acid in the body & also one of the most abundant in skeletal muscle. It plays a role in fueling the cells of our intestines, immune system, brain & skeletal system. It helps with protein synthesis, protein recovery & prevents catabolism after an intense workout session. Levels tend to drop during a heavy workout so it’s wise to supplement.
5. Pre-digested Protein: For fast digestion & absorption of protein, pre-digested or hydrolyzed protein is the way to go. It also tends to be more tolerated by our gut and typically doesn’t cause bloating like many other proteins do.
6. Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Is a great weight loss supplement because it aids in decreasing body fat while preserving and increasing lean muscle mass. Overall it’s a great metabolism booster and research has shown that it lowers insulin resistance, cholesterol and triglycerides,
7. L-Carnitine: Derived from amino acids methionine & lysine, this supplement has shown to be a natural effective fat burner utilizing fat for energy. It has also been shown to increase athletic performance, speed recovery time and improve the function of our brain
8. Glucosamine + Chondroitin: These two nutrients are beneficial when it comes to the health of our joints. Glucosamine & Chondroitin are compounds naturally found healthy cartilage. Glucosamine helps with the production of collagen in cartilage, bones & tendons& thickens synovial fluid (lubricates joints). Chondroitin helps with preventing cartilage damage & helps produce new cartilage.
9. Creatine: This is often referred to as the best muscle building natural supplement. It helps with muscle recovery, improves strength, increases muscle mass and it increases energy production allowing us to perform at higher intensities during training. It’s also been shown to be helpful with muscle gain & energy for those who are vegetarian. Since animal protein is a primary food source of creatine, supplementation can be extremely beneficial for Vegetarians. Creatine Monohydrate is the most popular form & has been researched the most.
10. Arginine: An essential amino acid and is the precursor to Nitric Oxide as vasodilator. When blood vessels are expanded, this causes an increase in nutrient and oxygen distribution to the muscle resulting in improved performance during physical activity. Other health benefits of L-arginine include fighting infection and may help treat heart disease